In 2019, the primary goal of the Mental Health Awareness Project was to start raising awareness of mental health topics and mental illness, primarily online.
The year 2020 is almost here and we have big ideas and goals for the future, but we can’t do it without your help and support!
Some of our goals for the future include:
– Host public awareness events (starting out in the United States), with speakers and sponsors, for companies and schools
– Provide printed educational and informative materials on mental health, like flyers and posters, for schools, workplaces, and healthcare settings (and more)
– Provide printed educational and informative packets about mental health specifically for employers
– Set up a scholarship fund to help those who live with a mental illness pay for their education
– Set up a charity fund specifically for schools (including universities) to help them start up their own mental health education program
– …and more!
To attain nonprofit status and to be able to achieve our goals, we need to raise funds in the amount of $1,400.00 (USD).
Outline of funds needed:
– $50 to file form “Article of Incorporation”
– $25 to file form “Resolution Designating Agent”
– $25 to file “Nonprofit Status Report”
– $600 to trademark “Mental Health Awareness Project” (includes legal fees)
– $600 to file as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit
– $50 to set up a business bank account
– the remainder covers service and transfer fees from GoFundMe and Paypal
Anything that you can contribute, whether it’s your encouragement or support, a share of our GoFundMe page on social media, or financial contribution, is extremely and incredibly appreciated! Please help us reach our goal of becoming an official nonprofit organization!
If you prefer to make a contribution via GoFundMe, Nicole Carman has set up a fundraiser specifically for this purpose: Mental Health Awareness Project Nonprofit Fundraiser.
If you prefer to make a contribution via Paypal, Nicole Carman has set up a Paypal.me link specifically for this purpose: paypal.me/itsnicolecarman.